Friday, November 24, 2006

Let the madness begin!

The holiday season is officially here. We tend not to be Black Friday shoppers,* so today’s excitement is more about deciding how and when to break out the new Christmas books and DVDs for the girls.

In fact, one thing I’m thankful for that didn’t get on yesterday’s list is the fact that I am about 95% finished with my holiday shopping. And about 95% of what is left can be done from home.

I decided earlier this year that I didn’t want a stressful December. I love the holidays, and I wanted to be able to enjoy them. So I set a goal to have my shopping done by Thanksgiving. This way I can sit back, relax, listen to Christmas carols, and watch my favorite Christmas movies. If I go to the mall, I can take my time and enjoy the music and be thankful I’m not rushing around for last-minute gifts.

The most stressful thing on my December to-do list? Deciding which mall to hit for Santa photos.

*Pete decided to try to get the cheap computers at Best Buy this year. He got there at 8 p.m. last night and was too far back in the line to get them.

No comments: